Member meetings are open to the public and begin at 7pm on the third Wednesday in April, June and October at the home of one of our members. The annual meeting is held in February, an annual picnic is held in August and a Holiday Party is held in December. For more information, go to Contact Us and select “Membership” as the subject, then request dates, times, locations and more information in the comment area provided.
Board meetings are held on the third Wednesday in January, March, May, July, September and November and are not open to the public. If there is a topic you think the Board needs to include on its agenda, Contact Us and select “Other” as the subject, then provide more information in the comment area provided.
Code of Ethics
Every member of the Rio Grande Kennel Club must adhere to our Code of Ethics as follows:
- *As a member of the Rio Grande Kennel Club, I will strive to breed sound and healthy specimens of my particular breed and refrain from breeding unregistered stock or stock which would require a disqualification under the American Kennel Club Rules applying to registration and dog shows.
- *I will not sell stock without true representation to the purchaser, nor use misleading or untruthful statements in selling and advertising.
- I will not purchase dogs for the purpose of resale nor will I sell dogs to persons or firms known to purchase dogs for the purpose of resale.
- I will comply with all local, state, and federal criminal laws pertaining to dogs and with all AKC rules and regulations.
- I will strive to maintain the highest standards in the care and health of my dogs.
- I will strive at all times to demonstrate the highest standard of sportsmanship in all matters pertaining to dogs.
- I will not maliciously degrade any member, their dogs, their breed or their kennel operation, publicly or privately.
- I will pledge to help educate the public in the standard of my breed, and in all other areas with which I am familiar pertaining to dogs.
*RGKC highly recommends all sales of stock be done under a written contract.
The following forms are available for use by Rio Grande Kennel Club members and those interested in pursuing membership. Completed forms should be sent to the address on the form or can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If emailed, membership dues can be paid via PayPal at Donate/Dues Payment. Dues payment via PayPal is only accepted from current RGKC members.